The 5th MC MEETING and Spring 2016 WG Meeting will be in Belgrade (RS) on 20-21 February. Details available here
The program of IKC2016 is now published on the website! http://www.keystone-cost.eu/ikc2016/program.php
The list of accepted papers in the IKC2016 Conference has been published in the conference website.
**Location: Gdańsk, Poland**
**Dates: 11-12 September 2017**
**Submission deadline 15 May 2017, Anywhere on earth**
**Author notifications 1 July 2017**
Since large-scale data sources are usually comprised of a very large schema and billions of instances, keyword search over such datasets offers several challenges mainly related to scalability, interpretation of the keyword query intended meaning. Whereas state-of-the-art keyword search techniques work well for small or medium-sized databases in a particular domain, many of them fail to scale on large heterogeneous databases. The discovery of suitable, i.e. semantically-related data sources, is another critical issue, hindered by the lack of sufficient information on available datasets and endpoints. Browsing and searching data on such a scale is not an easy task. Semantic search can support the process aiming at leveraging semantics to improve the accuracy and recall of search mechanisms.
The Third International KEYSTONE Conference is a place where academic and industrial researchers can meet, disseminate scientific results, share new ideas and start joint research activities, all related to the challenges mentioned above. The goals are broader than those of traditional academic conferences. For this reason the usual presentation sessions that aim at disseminating new outcomes and training, are intermixed with brainstorming sessions aiming at promoting the discussion, inter/intra domain cross fertilization and at enabling new joint research activities among the partners. The conference is the last event organised by Cost Action IC1302 during which a special emphasis will be put in summarising and promoting goals reached during the project.
As an event organized by an EU COST Action, the participation in conference does not require any registration fees.
The Conference offers 2 tracks:
– Research Track, where regular papers will be presented
– Demo/Poster Track, where we invite for presentation the best experiences achieved thanks to the KEYSTONE Cost Action IC1302 i.e. reports from STSMs, joint projects, research developed during the action.
Contributions could fall within the following indicative topics, or other related.
– Keyword search on big data
– Keyword search on graph databases and the Semantic Web
– Use of Linked Data
– Information Retrieval
– Information discovery and extraction
– Development of techniques and tools for Search and Analytics
– Social Web
– Search-based interaction
– Privacy in keyword search
– Benchmarking for keyword search
Authors are invited to submit their work in the form of full research paper (max 12 pages), or a short paper (max 6 pages) or in the form of a demo/poster (max 4 pages). Demos/Posters should prefix the title of their submission with the word: “[Demo]” or “[Poster]”. Submissions should be done electronically using the easychair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ikc2017) All research contributions should be original and not published elsewhere. The papers should be written in english and formatted according to guidelines of Springer’s LNCS/LNAI:
Accepted research papers will be published after the conference in the proceedings of Springer LNCS (confirmation pending). The publication of the papers in the proceedings is subject to the presentation in the conference by one of the authors.
– Julian Szymański, Gdańsk University of Technology, PL
– Yannis Velegrakis,University of Trento, IT
– Tomasz Boiński, Gdańsk University of Technology, PL
The submission site for lecture proposals is available now.
Please find all details at http://ifs.tuwien.ac.at/keystone.school/index.html
and express your interest at
The MC on February 20 decided to open a new call for STSMs. The Mission has to be finished by April 23. The deadline for the submission is March 2, the notification on March 9). All the details here.
COST action Keystone (IC1302) has collaborated in the organization of the second edition of the contest WikinformáticA! in Aragón. This constest was designed in order to achieve the following main goals:
• Fostering collaborative work to create Wikis among High Schools students.
• Encouraging female students to study degrees related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) .
• Introducing projects that focus on structured data, such as Wikidata and DBpedia.
• Disclosing the history of prominent women in the field of ICT in order to serve as role-model for new generations of students.
In this second edition of the contest, 212 High School students, divided into 33 different teams participated by creating several wiki articles about prominent women in the field of ICT. Moreover, most students have also tried Wikinfoboxer (http://www.sid.unizar.es/Infoboxer), a prototype to populate ontologies and generate infoboxes in Wikipedia.
More information available on the website: wikinformatica.unizar.es