We plan to fund approximately 4 STSMs over this period, with an average funding/STSM of approximately €1250 (a maximum €2500 in total can be afforded to the grantee).
Please note that the financial support available via this scheme is a contribution towards the travel and subsistence cost of a STSM and may not necessarily cover all the costs. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals with a high benefit/cost ratio.
Criteria for Funding
- The Applicant should be engaged in a research programme as a post-grad student, postdoctoral fellow or be employed in an institution in a KEYSTONE member country;
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution BEFORE the submission of their application;
- The research subject of the STSM must be relevant for KEYSTONE;
- The Applicant and its host must be from two different KEYSTONE member countries;
- STSM funding is a contribution towards travel and subsistence costs, and cannot be used as a salary;
- Duration of a standard STSM: a minimum of 5 working days and a maximum of 90 days. Priorities in the first call will be given to longer STSM
- All STSMs need to be carried out within their entirety within a single grant period and within the Action’s lifetime;
- Geographical and gender balance issues will be taken into consideration;
- Applications from ECIs will be privileged.
The procedure concerning STSM is governed by the COST Vademecum, in particular,
Chapter 6. The on-line registration tool will issue a formal STSM application which has to be
downloaded and sent by the Applicant electronically (via e-mail as an attachment) together
with any necessary document which the Applicant may regard as helpful in supporting the
application during the evaluation process (such as CV, full workplan, list of publications,
motivation letter, statement of how proposed STSM contribute to the aims of the KEYSTONE
Action, letter of support from the home institute, etc.) to the contact personof the STSM
Host institution and to the STSM coordinator, Dr. Hussain Mahdi (email@example.com)
with the subject “KEYSTONE IC1302 – STSM Application – <applicant’s name>”.
There will be three calls for STSM in the 3th year of the KEYSTONE Action:
|1st||1th June 2017||15th June 2017|
THE SHORT TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSION SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY October 7, 2017
THE REPORT HAS TO BE SENT TO THE STSM COORDINATOR WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE STSM AND IN ANY CASE BY October 7, 2017.
More details are available here .
List of APPROVED STSMs
KEYSTONE STMS Contact:
Dr Hussain Mahdi – STSM coordinator
Department of Electronic & Computer Engineering, University of Limerick
Tel: +353-61-213492, Fax: +353-61-339176
Prof Francesco Guerra – IC1302 Action Chair
Ph.D. in Information Engineering
Associate Professor in Computer Engineering
DIEF – Dipartimento di Ingegneria “Enzo Ferrari”
Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia