The Work and Budget plan for the second grant period (1/12/2014-31/12/2015) has been recently approved by the Management Committee of the Action and the COST Office. All the activities (i.e., the research topics explored during the meetings, the other networking and coordination tools promoted by the Action and the research activities jointly addressed by the WG members) will be built around 4 main “specifications” of the general theme related to “keyword search in large amounts of data”:
- Development of techniques and tools for search and analytics;
- Study of scalable techniques;
- Application of semantics;
- Use of open data.
The work in this field will allow KEYSTONE to continue the research activities started in 2014 by elaborating on topics related to keyword search in big data.
There are three main events scheduled in the next year:
- WG Meeting in Kosice (SK) in April / May 2015;
- Training School in Malta in June/July 2015;
- Open Conference in Coimbra (PT).
The collaboration of the WG members is helpful (and needed!) for the realization of fruitful events! For this reason in the next days some “call for organization / call for volunteers” will be issued.